Create A Gorgeous Christmas Evergreen Wreath With Just The Colour Red

Last winter when I was going for a walk along the river path in the community I live I looked up and noticed a gorgeous Christmas evergreen wreath. The homeowner had it hanging on the rail of the upper deck at the back of their home. It was a beautiful sunny crisp winter day with the sun shining, a bright blue sky and fresh new white snow sparkling on the ground. This wreath stood out and really caught my eye because it was decorated with just one bold red colour.
create a gorgeous christmas evergreen wreath with just the colour red, christmas decorations, crafts, wreaths
It was at that time that I thought I have to make a wreath like that next year and I am now sharing my version with you. I have to admit the wreath really stands out hanging on the black front door.
I started with a 24" artificial evergreen wreath frame. I was able to pick up a used one at the thrift store for a couple of dollars. I just had to snip off the dismal looking embellishments that were still on the wreath. This wreath frame was also made of two rings that turned out to be a bonus, as I will explain later on.
I also was able to pick up these red plastic Christmas ornaments at the thrift store. This was turning out to be a very inexpensive wreath. I don't recommend using glass balls because they will inevitably end up shattering.
The final purchase was a spool of bold red colour wired ribbon that was 25 feet long and 2 inches wide. This was used to make the big bow.
This wreath is also very easy to make. I used thin floral wire to attach the red plastic Christmas ornaments around the smaller ring. Here is the bonus. Using the smaller inner ring made it really easy to line them up in an even circle. Yes, that is my reflection you see taking the photograph.
If you can't find a double ring evergreen wreath frame I have another suggestion for you. Place an 18" evergreen wreath on top of a 24" inch frame and attach the two together.
The final step was to make the big red bow and attach it to the top of the wreath. Now don't be intimidated by how complicated this bow looks. It is actually quite easy to make and I provide a step-by-step tutorial on the blog with photographs. I make lots of bows using this simple technique. It may take some practice and a few redo's but it is fun to make and the end result is stunning.
I decorated my Christmas evergreen wreath with the classic Christmas colour red. This wreath design will also be equally gorgeous using just a single gold, silver, teal blue and even a pretty green colour scheme. There are so many possibilities!
For more specific details I invite you to visit the original blog!
Time With Thea

• Maggie

Where do we find your blog on making bows

• Time With Thea

@Maggie Just click the link where it says "To see more:" in this post and it will take you to the blog post where I detail how to make the big red bow. In that post is a link to the blog post "How To Make A Big Bow Photo Tutorial".

• Maggie

• Kincaid99

@Maggie Hi, Maggie, click on the tutorial located under the pictures above, starts with http:// this will explain how to make bows, hope this helps.

• Chandra

Thank you very much...I love it

• Beverly Campbell

Oh my gosh Thea! This is absolutely beautiful. Today is Jan 2 2017 and I'm still looking at Christmas decor. This is going on my list of things to do for next Christmas. You remind me of myself...seeing something and putting your own spin on it. My mind is in overload right now thinking of what I will do with the wreath. Thanks so much for your post. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and happy crafting to you in this New Year.

• Time With Thea

Thank you Beverly! Your comment is one of the genuinely nicest comments I have ever received. I am so excited that you have been inspired. Have fun collecting your materials so you can make your own for next Christmas!