DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Skin care products always make great pampering gifts but it can be costly. So to save money, creating a diy scrub using items already in your kitchen like this peppermint sugar scrub is a fantastic idea. It’s so easy to make and a great DIY gift to give your friends for the holidays. You only need a few ingredients, some baker's twine, a gift tag and you're all set!
You'll need coconut oil, sugar, red food coloring and peppermint extract oil... just 4 ingredients!
Mix them together in a medium size bowl. For a candy cane effect, divide mixture equally into two bowls and add red coloring into one of them until you get your desired color. Then layer for a candy cane effect.
To give it a more festive look, I tied some baker twine and added a gift tag, however you can get as creative as you want. Trust me, your friends will love this gift. For full instructions and ingredients list, see the link below! Happy Holidays!

Diana Ajih

• Charlotte

Great idea. But, does the coconut oil make your drains sluggish?

• Diana Ajih

I take hot showers and baths so I haven't any problems with my drains. Since coconut oil melts at 76 degrees you can run hot water down the drain for about 30 seconds after using it to help flush it down while it's melted.