Mary Insana
Mary Insana
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Painted Coffee Table inspired by Tonya Miller Dean|Hemets 1964 coffee table

I was looking around Hometalk and saw a beautiful coffee table that was posted by Tonya Dean Hemet and I was inspired. I wanted to do something similar but didn't have a similar coffee table to paint. Enter Craigs List and a $10 coffee table. See for yourself what a transformation with some distressed homemade chalk paint and poly stain on top.
Thanks Tonya for giving me the idea for this table :)
painted coffee table inspired by tonya miller dean hemets 1964 coffee table, chalk paint, painted furniture

• Billie

What finish was the white paint? Flat or??
    • Billie

What finish was the paint before making it chalk paint. Flat finish, or semigloss.?? Sorry If I wasn't clear before. Love the table
  • Joan Larsen-Lohman

How did you don't the top of the table?
  • Paw@702

Can you cover a full body chaise lounger by first spraying with adhesive & then applying fabric over it...what type of sealant could be used to preserve it after fabric is applied?

• Mary Insana

This question has nothing to do with my painted coffee table but I’ll,try tomanswer it for you.

I wouldn’t try to upholster using spray adhesive unless it’s a very small project with straight lines and flat surfaces. When you use spray adhesive you don’t need to seal it unless you’re doing decoupage. Hope this helps

• Rabun

I have the same table and two matching end tables that I have wanted to refinish.

Your make-over is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks

• Rosetta

I would love to try this, what color chalk paint did you use.