Vicki Rogers
Vicki Rogers
  • Splendora, TX

Winter Wonderland Fairy Garden

A quick and easy winter fairy garden idea using a heirloom punch bowl. I started with the punch bowl used at mine and my husbands small wedding reception over forty years ago. I never use it, but I can't seem to do away with it.
winter wonderland fairy garden, christmas decorations, gardening, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I filled it with shredded snow, and put a shallow glass bowl on top to support the next step.
I added the tree, and added the other items on top of Styrofoam pieces for support.
Hoping I don't kill the tree! :)
Hoping I don't kill the tree! :)
After getting all the items in place, I added more shreds and iridescent snow.
Brrr, doesn't she look cold? :)
Brrr, doesn't she look cold? :)
I love that this can be disassembled and stored at the end of the season. I hope you enjoyed this fairy garden idea!
Vicki Rogers

• Sandra

I absolutely love your fairy snow garden, so beautiful. I live in Australia and it would be lovely to make one for a nice change this Christmas, however, I have no idea what shredded snow or iridescent snow is, can you explain what it is or suggest something else that would suit? Thank you so much.

• Linda

Your fairy is gorgeous. Where did you find that one, with the touque?

• Vicki Rogers

@Linda I bought it at factorydirectcraft.com, they have so many lovely ones! I loved how she's dressed.

• Debbie Kasinger

What is the white butter looking stuff in picture 5?

• Vicki Rogers

Yes, it is pieces of broken up styrofoam from some packaging that came in the mail.