Patina Paradise
Patina Paradise
  • Cullman, AL

Rustic Pallet Wood Church Ornaments

$.50

A few bloggers and I joined in on a Christmas blog hop organized by CountryLiving.com, and Hometalk.com. Inspired by my love of small country churches, I set out to create a rustic ornament with salvaged pallet wood...
rustic pallet wood church ornaments, christmas decorations, pallet, seasonal holiday decor
All you basically need are 3 simple items, pallet wood, clothespins, thin twigs ... and most of the rest you should have in your home already.
I have posted a template with measurements on the blog. Since I am limited in the tools my family has at its disposal, I tried to keep it as simple as possible.
If you like them simple you could stop at step 7.
I added a few more details to the final one above. Clothespins cut for over steeple, a painted wood door with a twig awning over it. And some snow covered mini pines.
I love how they look with the faux snow on the top of all of the surfaces.
This is what you will need to make it. The recipe and tips on how to apply it are also on the blog.
I love the texture of the wood and the slight variations and imperfections. Each one is truly one of a kind.
I don't have the tree up yet so I placed one on a simple faux evergreen wreath. I am so pleased with how they turned out... Hope I have inspired you to give them a try...Wishing you many blessings and a Merry Christmas!
Patina Paradise