How To Make a Gnome Home

We turned an old floor heater vent into a little Gnome Home complete with presents under a Christmas tree! A great way to share the magic of the season with little children!
how to make a gnome home, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
This floor vent was no longer used by the time we moved into our 1930's home but it was just so quaint, I couldn't get rid of it!
After we added a wire mesh sheet to prevent any little critters from coming up the crawl space, we thought it would be fun to convert the little room into a Gnome Home. The hardwood floors are from the dollhouse section of a craft store. Later we added a remote controlled light to signal when the gnomes were home!
We've collected miniature furniture and props over the years from craft and thrift stores. The gnomes now have enough to change out the furniture every so often and celebrate all the holidays!
The gnomes go all out during Christmas and we usually leave them a little gift on Christmas Eve. They, in return, leave tiny cookies for my boys to eat on Christmas day!
You can also find opened presents and mugs of hot chocolate on Christmas Day. They wake up way before we do so we always miss it!
This year the gnomes even decorated our new Shutterfly family pictures we hung above their place!
I know that one day the gnomes will go the way of the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus but until then, they'll be safe and warm in their little Gnome Home!
Vanessa@Tried & True

• Denise

Hello: I have the same vents in my house that work. Any chance you know where replacements can be bought? My house is 1920 and the vents are in bad shape. Thanks, Denise S.