New Rustic Kitchen Shelves Decorated For Christmas

Some people do nutty things when they're stressed out and I guess that I'm one of them! Just mere days before Thanksgiving, right in the midst of preparing for a houseful of guests, I decided to start my Christmas decorating. Crazy, right? On a whim I replaced the gallery wall above the sideboard in my breakfast area with rustic shelves. Take a look at the before and after.
new rustic kitchen shelves decorated for christmas, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
AFTER - The whole area is totally transformed with the addition of diy rustic shelves made from 2"x 12" shelves that have been sanded and stained.
BEFORE - A gallery wall was above the sideboard prior to the shelves being added. This is how I decorated the area for fall this year.
Galvanized plumbing parts make great shelf brackets, especially if you're into the farmhouse/rustic/industrial look.
A faux frosted pine garland is draped across the top of the sideboard for Christmas.
I scored some plates, bowls and mugs with black stripes on a visit to a local dollar store. They went a long way toward helping me style the shelves with a farmhouse vibe.
This blog post was part of the Home For The Holidays Tour where 30 bloggers shared amazing Christmas inspiration. Click on the link to see more of my shelves and to take the full tour!

Suzy @ Worthing Court Blog

• Bar24716320

I loved your decor ideas, but I'm most curious about your shelves, as I'm wanting to hand some in my kitchen. What did you use to hold them up? They're black metal, but what are they? They have to be strong to hold up so much weight and that's what I need. I'd really appreciate your getting back to me about this. I'm at barbk_38@yahoo.com.
    Thanks so much,
    Barb
    • Bar24716320

Suzy, Thank you so very much for this wealth of information. I can't imagine how you happened on this idea, but it's gorgeous!!
  • H.s11780811

Im loving the coffee cup/saucer holder...ive been looking for a rack for years like that, its always on someone eles shelf lol. Where did u find?
  • My3Sons

Where did you find the pig? Love it!