Happy New Year's Matches Sign

A Happy New Year's Matches Sign that can double as New Year's party decor & is a bright way to bring in the new year! You won't believe what I used as the base for this sign!!
Happy (almost) New Year!
How much do you love that this New Year's Eve sign can double as party decor as well as a fun way to bring in the new year!?
I decided to create this Happy New Year's Matches Sign because I wanted a sign that I could create year after year that didn't have a specific year date on it like last year's sign.
(Side note: My inspiration for this post can be found on my Hometalk profile - under posts - & it is also linked within my full blog post - link below.)
And since I didn't have any wood (like I used last year) I decided to be resourceful & use an old burnt-looking baking sheet as the base for my Happy New Year's Matches Sign!
So instead of throwing away my rough looking baking sheet I decided to upcycle it! Don't you think this is an exciting way to repurpose an old baking sheet in a big way for the new year?!
It is also very important to note that you need to take precautions whenever you light your sign (or anything else) on fire. Just as you would take precautions when lighting a bonfire or candle you should also take precautions when lighting this Happy New Year's Matches Sign. Fire extinguishers are always important to have on hand near a fire. And please be sure to douse your fire with water at the end, even if there is just a few embers. Safety first!
And don't worry, this year I won't make you wait until New Year's Eve to show you what it looks like on fire. I will be lighting my Happy New Year's Matches Sign sometime this week (or next) & then sharing it with you the week of New Year's Eve.
So if you are following me already great! You won't want to miss this fun video post! If you're not following me already, feel free to follow along on social media!
Materials:
Old Baking Sheet
Expo Marker
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Matches
Mod Podge
Small Paint Brush
Glitter
First, draw the words on the baking sheet.
Then hot glue the matches to the baking sheet.
Finally, Mod Podge the glitter to the baking sheet!
----------------------------------
You can read the rest of my post & see my step-by-step tutorial (including pictures) by clicking the link below!

Giustina