Creative Storage in Dead Space Behind Door

1 Material
$25

My New Year's Weekend get organized project. One of my business resolutions was to create an attractive, and useful work space for my home business'. I have a Dispatch Service & DIY BLOG business. I was plagued by the wasted space on this giant wall behind our door.
I first asked my FB friends for advice on this wasted space & most agreed that I should hang nothing & that it was dead space. Then I got a private message from a friend that thought, just maybe I could hang a rung ladder with storage there. Instant excitement!
I already had JUST THE LADDER! I had bought this chippy, old ladder from a facebook auction for $15. Then I had to explain to my husband that I did not know what I was going to do with it, but that I definitely needed it!
My friends suggestion was actually solving 2 problems! This round tray did not spin, and took up a large space on my desk.
I used a metal drill bit & made holes in this Ikea planter that I had on hand. I then found some random ribbon that I purchased to have enough on an online order to qualify for free shipping;) I tied knots inside the tin planter.
I used a few cup hooks that we also had on hand and hung the baskets with supplies from the bottom of the rungs.
As the steps graduated in size, I hung different amounts of buckets.
As shown, you will need to anchor it to the wall. There are various pipe straps, and anchoring hardware pieces that you can pick up at most hardware stores. **Since writing this post we have actually opened the ladder up & have it in another area. The top shelf now holds a few books & a few trays were added across the bottom to act as a shelf on the bottom rungs.

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Whimsy and Wood

• Sherryholmes69
    Sherryholmes69

Super idea! Can you take the back support off the ladder and do the same with it elsewhere in the room for more storage?

• Jcw
    Jcw

Do you have any problems with the ladder or buckets touching and marring the wall?

• Marlene Bent
      Marlene Bent

@Jcw I'm not the originator of this but it looks like there is a small baseboard so there wouldn't be a problem at the bottom. You could always glue a small pad of some sort across the top of the ladder. Just a thought.

• Dick Linda Nitz
    Dick Linda Nitz

What is a pipe strut?

• Whimsy and Wood
      Whimsy and Wood

Thank you Iris! You have know idea how much drama my wrong word caused;) I appreciate you taking the time!!!