Creative Storage in Dead Space Behind Door

1 Material
$25

My New Year's Weekend get organized project. One of my business resolutions was to create an attractive, and useful work space for my home business'. I have a Dispatch Service & DIY BLOG business. I was plagued by the wasted space on this giant wall behind our door.
I first asked my FB friends for advice on this wasted space & most agreed that I should hang nothing & that it was dead space. Then I got a private message from a friend that thought, just maybe I could hang a rung ladder with storage there. Instant excitement!
I already had JUST THE LADDER! I had bought this chippy, old ladder from a facebook auction for $15. Then I had to explain to my husband that I did not know what I was going to do with it, but that I definitely needed it!
My friends suggestion was actually solving 2 problems! This round tray did not spin, and took up a large space on my desk.
I used a metal drill bit & made holes in this Ikea planter that I had on hand. I then found some random ribbon that I purchased to have enough on an online order to qualify for free shipping;) I tied knots inside the tin planter.
I used a few cup hooks that we also had on hand and hung the baskets with supplies from the bottom of the rungs.
As the steps graduated in size, I hung different amounts of buckets.
As shown, you will need to anchor it to the wall. There are various pipe straps, and anchoring hardware pieces that you can pick up at most hardware stores. **Since writing this post we have actually opened the ladder up & have it in another area. The top shelf now holds a few books & a few trays were added across the bottom to act as a shelf on the bottom rungs.

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Whimsy and Wood

• Sherryholmes69

Super idea! Can you take the back support off the ladder and do the same with it elsewhere in the room for more storage?

• Jcw

Do you have any problems with the ladder or buckets touching and marring the wall?

• Marlene Bent

@Jcw I'm not the originator of this but it looks like there is a small baseboard so there wouldn't be a problem at the bottom. You could always glue a small pad of some sort across the top of the ladder. Just a thought.

• Dick Linda Nitz

What is a pipe strut?

• Whimsy and Wood

Thank you Iris! You have know idea how much drama my wrong word caused;) I appreciate you taking the time!!!