Lost & Found Sock Holder

$10

Baby socks are my nemesis. I mean, how can something so cute be so evil? I swear, two socks go into the washing machine . . . but only one comes out!
Here's how I conquered my problem.
I started with an old piece of a wine barrel I picked up while visiting some relatives in Sonoma County. I also needed clothespins, paint, and my Cricut.
Using my Cricut, I cut out the words Lost & Found and added them to my wood piece.
I painted my clothespins and glued them to the board.
And voila! My simple project has turned into something we use every day.

Cori George

• Cathy McIntire

That’s really cute but how does it help you find the matching sock? I leave my single socks on top of the washing machine in a basket. There are 2 socks that have been there for a couple of years. Lol! I think they are going into the rag bag!
  • Jerri Sisson Jackson

So if the pin are stuck to the board how do u pin sock together and wash them
  • Jeanette Robinson

This is a pretty idea for laundry room but how and where are the missing socks ?
    • Peggy Candrian

For many years I've been using lingerie bags (which I keep in my laundry basket) to wash and dry my socks. I think I've lost 2 socks in the past 15 years-my lingerie bag had a hole in it!!

• Bufflady

Great idea for after the fact and super cute, but an ounce of prevention...as they say. When my kids were little I bought a couple of inexpensive mesh washing bags from Wal-Mart (they are intended for delicates and stockings) and kept them in the nursery by the hamper. Zip all those adorable little socks in there and wash and dry in the bag and you will never find another tiny sock in your sleeve again!

• Destiny McDonnell

I also have a suggestion if you get a delicate linen bag baby socks and mittens can go into it and because it's mesh it can go straight into the washer and dryer.