Pieces of Time East
Pieces of Time East
  • Newberry, SC

1930's Dresser Repurposed Into a Bench!

When I picked this dresser the two top drawers were beyond saving! The bottom drawer was still functional and the height was perfect for what I thought could be a perfect bench with a storage drawer......
1930 s dresser repurposed into a bench, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This is what she looked like when I got her off the trailer. I removed her top, then dropped the wood from under where the top drawer was down to above the remaining bottom drawer (it was a perfect fit and required no extra wood or cuts!)
I added trim around the top to create a "rail", filled the nail holes and she was ready for her makeover.....
I painted it in Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paints Derby and Bisque, lightly distressed and Matte Protective Finish. She lasted less than a week!

• Mis2643939

What do you mean it lasted last than a week?it broke?

• None

@Mistymavis She sold it in less than a week.

• Mary M. Prinzavalli

Beautiful and love the pillows on it. Did you make those? Someday I think I will try to make a bench like yours. I also like the sign over the bench and did you do that too. I saw signs on a couple of things and was wondering if you have a shop where you sell those items? A job well done and I too like the colors.

• Rosalie

did you have to remove any varnish before painting?

• Jan shea

What did you mean, "she lasted less than a week."?

• Christy

I really like this, so I know this is a dumb question, but what is it?

• Anne jocelyn C

@Christy a bench with a drawer beneath the "sitting" bencchtop. Hope not confusing you.... :)