DIY Bird Feeder From A Flower Pot!

How about a fun spring project that's a gift to your little feathered friends!?
This Oh-So-Cute Bird Feeder made from a Terra Cotta Flower Pot and Saucers is a perfect addition to the patio...
My Cardinals love this cute DIY Terra Cotta Bird Feeder!
Gather these easy to find supplies: Terra Cotta Pot, Saucers, Picture Hanging Wire, 5" Eye Bolt,2 Nuts, Fishing Swivel, Branch & a water bottle! Soak your terra cotta in water over night to make drilling the holes easier...
You have to drill several holes in the pots/saucers and to do this you'll need a drill with a masonry bit. After soaking your terra cotta and marking your holes, slowly drill over markings applying steady pressure as you drill.
The water bottle will be your seed reservoir- Cut the top off your water bottle so it fits inside the pot. Mark holes to line up with the drilled holes in the terra cotta...using an exacto knife, cut out holes in water bottle-
Now simply connect all the pieces with your eye bolt and heavy gage wire! The eye bolt goes through the water bottle, clay pot, saucer and tree branch-secure it with a nut on top and on bottom...
Easy and oh so cute spring project!

All Things Heart and Home

• Rtc

I don't understand the purpose of the plastic bottle. If it's a seed reservoir, how does the birds get to the seed?

• Ellen

Very pretty! I would drill some holes in the saucer to let rain drain out. Seed gets moldy quickly in warm weather, which will make the birds sick.

• Bama Amy

I Agree + I’m thinking that the saucer on top could be larger, thus keep out the rain water better.

• Maura White

super cute idea!