Garage Floor Metallic Coating

When Steph moved into her house, we knew we needed to redo the garage floor one day. It was half painted with carpet down the middle. We did some research on different products to use and found Rust-Oleum Rock Solid Metallic Silver Floor Coating Kit. Steph thought her mini cooper would look really cute parked on the floor so we decided to take on the project!
Watch the how-to video!
Before
We did A LOT of prep work, which we made a full video about. You can check that out on our website.
This is the kit and all that is included.
We used the concrete etch solution to clean the surface and prepare it for the coating.
Next we mixed the coating components in the pouch, and pour that and the metallic tint into a bucket and mixed.
We poured the coating on the floor and applied it with a roller.
We made a circular pattern in the coating to give it a consistent look.
We used 5 kits in all and it look just under 2 hours to apply the coating (prep work took a lot longer).
After
After
Overall, we are very happy with the results. We learned a whole lot through the process and made two videos about it. We also wrote about our journey on our blog.
Mother Daughter Projects

• Mary E Gray Anderson

Best solution for a kitchen closet with 3 doors

• Mother Daughter Projects

Hi Mary, I'm not sure how to answer. I'd suggest asking this question along with providing a picture of the problem to the Hometalk community. At the top of any page, on the right side, you'll see "Ask Question." If you post there, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions! ~Vicki

• Rhonda

Great job. Now that you're done, would you do the same say on a living room?

• Mother Daughter Projects

I would not. Mainly because the prep is so time consuming and messy along with the product being very smelly. The flooring has not worn well in the garage, so I'd be concerned about how it would wear indoors. Although, there's a lot less traffic and wear indoors than there would be in a garage. We do have it on a small table we use indoors and it still looks as good as it did when we first applied it. We did, many years ago, paint the concrete in my living room! I actually totally loved the look. In fact, we painted a second time after the first painting started to look shabby and dated. ~Vicki

• Jackie Hendrix

Can this product be used on a basement floor as well

• Mother Daughter Projects

Please send the answer above this about using it indoors. The problem with using it indoors is the prep and the smell while it is curing.