Measuring Spoon Idea-

$4.00

I like to bake and decided to set up a baking area in my kitchen corner. this idea is certainly not a necessity but it was a fun thing to do. It gave me easy access to my measuring spoons and a little color also. I bought this mens battery operated tie rack at the thrift store and my husband mounted it to the wall near my mixer and other baking needs.
I put the red tape on to cover the wording, The top opens up and it will hold a 4x6 recipe card perfectly, and if I have several recipes for the week I can place them down and close the lid to protect them
I also have a magnetic recipe holder that I can sit on top for additional use.When I move the switch on front the spoons rotate around and I can stop it at the size I need.

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before

• Skues
    Skues

Cool idea! Where did you get the magnetic recipe holder? That is cute!

• Letmework
    Letmework

Can you read the brand on the tie rack, so we can google? Thanks!

• Letmework
      Letmework

Thank you Ann Dowdy. This question was posted over two years ago, I completely forgot it until you answered my question. The answer is obvious from the pic so I’m wondering if the OP perhaps edited the photo since I posted the question. If the rack was advanced to the other side it might be blank. But thanks. A clever innovative use for sure.

• Penny-Marie
    Penny-Marie

how was it mounted to the wall? it looks like it's round.

• Tutu dever
      Tutu dever

It is round but there is a small plastic plate on the back that sticks out with screw holes to fasten it to the wall.