Shoppe No. 5
Shoppe No. 5
  • Bradenton, FL

How To Make Word Art With A Shutter

I had a collection of wood shutters in my garage. It was time to do something with them. I cleaned them up and placed letters on top to see how it looked. Yes this can be artwork for your home.
how to make word art with a shutter, chalk paint, crafts, curb appeal, how to, repurposing upcycling
I knew I didn't want the tilt rod to show, plus it interfers with the letters. I ran a bead of wood glue down the sides.
The next thing I did was cut a piece of wood, in this case it was from a pallet, the size of the long side of the shutter and placed where I glued. Then I used the brad nailer and shot some nails along the length of the wood.
I mixed up a batch of my DIY chalk paint and did a coat of white on all four shutters. Then I decided to paint each one differently.
The shutters that were going to have sea and sun were painted a bright, beachy aqua using my favorite recipe for chalk paint.
For the welcome shutters, I used the shells as my color inspirations and painted them with those colors in mind.
The sun and sea shutters were painted in the same colors but diffferent techniques.
Even though the two shutters have the same word, welcome they are painted differently.
For more details please visit my website, www.shoppeno5.com
Shoppe No. 5