Magdalena
Magdalena
  • United Kingdom

Upcycled Bottle Planters

This is how the plastic bottle planters were done.
upcycled bottle planters, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
First I cut the plastic bottle in half...
Then I use some cotton thread to make it prettier. I made two holes, wrapped the bottle with a different thread again and use the holes to put the tread through and hang the bottle-pot. This can be simplified and done in many ways I guess. It's all up to you :)
I use S-hooks to hang pots by pushing hooks in between the fence boards, screw hooks can be use too.
Within next few days I added few more bottle-pots and I may keep adding, it's so addictive!
Read more at:

• Empty plastic bottles
  • Threads
  • Plants and soil
Magdalena

• Hal4259043

What about drainage?

• Neva Dew

Unscrew the cap? (or 1 or 3 holes in the cap)I would put a stone or 2 in the neck then add the dirt

• Magdalena

Thank you Neva :)

• Hal4259043

Instant replies from all over the world - fantastic thanks!

• Donna

you could also put a piece of coffee filter in the neck area before you put in your dirt, then the dirt stays in and there is still drainage, holes in the cap let out the excess...

• Mp

Take a small nail and poke 4 to 6 holes 1/2" from the cap that should do it.

• Whitney Lucas

Put a piece of thin cloth material in the neck

• JRS

Use some old panty hose then fill with dirt leave caps off or drill some holes for drainage.
  • Donna Leggett Moses

Would you explain the type of hooks you put on the fence to hang the planters? The pictures aren't giving me any idea.

• Jet2115096

When you water the plants, do you unscrew the lids?

• Magdalena

@Jettoflo I don't, I just water them :) Why, I should? I am not over watering them. If there will be a big storm I might then unscrew it ;)