DIY Farmhouse Bathroom Hooks

After my grandma passed away, we were going through her house and I found these pictures. Of course, I loved the white distressed frames and knew I could do something with them.
I removed the glass from each frame and took the picture out. I cut and stapled some blue/gray wood slats we had in the garage to fit the frames.
Then, I rummaged through my stash of hooks and added them to the front of the wood slats.
These can be used for many things and in many different rooms in your home.
If you have some frames lying around that you love, think outside of the box and use them in other ways!

• Drill  (Amazon)
  • Staple Gun  (Amazon)

Lindsay Eidahl

• Judy

What does the back look like? You used screws for the hardware. Are they sticking out on the back or do you have them covered with something?

• Lindsay Eidahl

The screws did not come through the back of the wood. We used smaller screws so they wouldn't go through.

• Linda Abate

WOW, love this idea of taking pieces of wood, a frame and some decorative hooks to make something totally awesome. Great for the bathroom and I am sure many more uses could be thought up for other places in the home. Thanks for sharing.
  • Angie Godbout-McMillan

In case anyone wanting to try this has some favorite frames that aren’t thick enough for the wood used above, a sheet of that good old paneling will work also. Can’t paint or stain it. Or use the foam Bristol board from a dollar store. Can even hot glue material over it. Maybe even grandpas fav shirt with the pocket or an old sweater piece? Endless ideas. Got something special that u can use but won’t get rid of? See what you come up with.