Patriotic Plate Flower Wall Hangings

With a few dollars and some fun work, you can make these divided trays into Patriotic Flowers!! They are super easy and fun!!
While at the Dollar Tree this week I saw these plates and remember thinking "those could be flowers"...and now they are! The first thing I did was take a heated small screwdriver and poke a small hole in the center of each one.
With buttons I had in colors that matched the other two colored plates, I hot glued them to the "petals" of the flower. Red hat blue and white...
White had blue and red...and the blue had red and white. I seem to have lost a shot of that one at this stage sorry...
Then I made three centers for the plates. Chaining 2, making 9 singles in the 1st chain and joining. The second row is working in the back loops, make 2 singles in each of the last row for 18. Join and chain 1, making 1 in the first and 2 in the second around for 27. Break off and work in or tie beginning and ending loops in the back. You will need one for each color to contrast with the petals of these little flowers.
With the other color of your buttons on each center, draw up your loop and insert into the 2nd row and yarn over, drawing it up and joining with a slip stitch. Chain 3 and make 2 double crochets in the first of the 3 chains for your little petal, then insert on the 2nd row again, continuing around ever 3 stitches. Your 27 stitches will give you 9 petals. Glue those into the center.
I simply put a nail through the center of the flowers and hung them up.
Important Note!! These will not survive the heat or the rain. My suggestion is to keep them inside a screened porch, entryway in the shade, or inside your home for a fun and festive patriotic display!!

• 3 divided serving trays.  (Dollar Tree.)
  • Red, White, and Blue buttons.  (Had them.)
  • Hot glue gun.  (Have them.)

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

• Beth
    Beth

Where is the picture of the finished product ?????

• Sharon Davis
      Sharon Davis

That is the finished product. They look like flowers hanging on the side of the house.

• Donna Nuss
    Donna Nuss

What does it look like when completed?

• Andrea
      Andrea

@Sandra Allen Sorry about missing the part about them not being outside! this totally makes sense! thank you for taking the time to clarify! You did a great job! Crocheting the center adds that bid of softness they needed to help them look more dimensional too! good job!

• Marie
    Marie

I did the same but used mod podge with dollar store napkins and beads

• Lisa House
    Lisa House

Nicely done, glad to see the crochet center!

• Sandra Allen
    Sandra Allen

Thanks. Some of the creative people on here have suggested other things like CD's...and they work!