DIY Address Post

$50

Our farmhouse sits quite a ways back from the road, so I needed a way to put our address numbers near the beginning of our driveway where they could be better seen. This address post fits the bill perfectly!
Plus it has a place to hang a pretty flower basket to add some extra curb appeal.
We began by digging the hole and setting the post in concrete.
We then painted the post. Exterior oil paint is probably the best to use for this project, but we only had white primer on hand, so we went with it. Two years later, it still looks great.
Next we screwed the address numbers onto the post. We have a set of numbers on each side. Then we secured the planter hanger to the front and the solar light cap to the top. The grass finally filled in and we later added a small flower garden around the post. Check out the full tutorial and supply list on my blog!

• Post, Address numbers
  • See full list of materials on the blog

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Meg @ Hello Farmhouse

• Linda Reece
    Linda Reece

Just a suggestion. The 4x4 could be covered with a binyl sleeve. No painting ever and great protection.
  • Denesi Valenzuela
    Denesi Valenzuela

Can I see the video?
  • Sue Smith
    Sue Smith

Did you use a pressure treated post? I didn't know if the paint would stick if so.. I love this and want to give it a try!
    • Sandy
      Sandy

I’m planning on using cedar and I’ll let it weather.

• Heather
    Heather

Really like the look. I will copy you and attach a light on top and a mailbox. Thanks! I'm subscribing! : )

• Shari M
    Shari M

I love this idea! I already have the post so this idea is really something I could do. Thank you for the inspiration! 😍👍