Tammy - My Life Abundant
Tammy - My Life Abundant
  • Summerfield, FL

DIY Outdoor USA Pallet Garden Flag

A really super easy project to have on a Garden Flag pole.
diy outdoor usa pallet garden flag, crafts, pallet, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor
All you need is pallet boards, paint, 2 garden flag poles and a few other items.
What my garden flag always looked like. Faded and torn and I would replace it every year. The Florida heat really can damage items outside. So, I had to make a change.
Painted all 3 boards with primer, then taped off to add the red paint and then taped off the top of all 3 boards to add the blue.
Add some outdoor vinyl stars and paint a couple of coats of lacquer to seal it really good.
For more details please visit the link below.

• Pallet boards
  • Paint
  • Outdoor Vinyl
Tammy - My Life Abundant

• Kim 'Kiewatt' Waknitz

Why did you need to flag poles? Would just work?

• Nell

flag pallet. My question is why do you need 2 flag poles?

• Tammy - My Life Abundant

It's a bit heavy and we didn't want to take any chances that the wood would bend the pole. There might be a stronger garden flag pole out there but I was repurposing.

• Dfm

Flag protocols have you read them? There are certain guidelines......

• Tammy - My Life Abundant

This is a craft project with red, white and blue. I didn't use an actual flag at any time and have not disrespected the US flag at all. For private citizens, the Flag Code serves as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis

• Maude LaFountain

I love this Idea...Think I will make one to go at the end of my driveway which is long and up a small mountain/ hill.....lol

• Shirley Gerchman

Why not paint for the stars? You can always buy wood stars at the craft store for a minimal price. It seems vinyl would get beat up by the weather too.

• Tammy - My Life Abundant

HI Shirley. This vinyl is made for outdoors. I used my cutting machine to make them. I wanted nice straight starts and thats why I didn't paint them. And with the coating of polyurethane on the wood, the stars look as good today as they did when I made this project.