Recycle An Old Drinking Glass Into A Fun Pencil Holder

I hate when my drinking glasses get to a point where they have rebelled from the dishwasher and have turned cloudy and just plain ugly.
About once a year...maybe a little longer....I have to pick through the glasses, throwing out the yuck and purchasing some new.
Since I hate throwing things out and like to recycle whatever I can, I decided to make pencil holders with some of the glasses. I can ALWAYS use
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Finished pencil holer
Finished pencil holer.
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Old cloudy drinking glass in need of a new life
Old, cloudy drinking glass in need of a new life!
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, I first painted the glass with a couple coats of white acrylic paint
I first painted the glass with a couple coats of white acrylic paint.
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Next I diluted some burnt umber acrylic paint with water and brushed on lightly in spots to give it a warm rustic feel
Next, I diluted some burnt umber acrylic paint with water and brushed on lightly in spots to give it a warm rustic feel.
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, I sprayed the glass with acrylic sealer to finish it
I sprayed the glass with acrylic sealer to finish it.
recycle an old drinking glass into a fun pencil holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Finally I wrapped twine around the middle and added a vintage button and an epoxy sticker
Finally, I wrapped twine around the middle and added a vintage button and an epoxy sticker.
Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee

• Kelly Wivell

thank you!

• Debi Willhoite

Great idea! I am always breaking glasses around here and ending up with an incomplete set! This is a great idea to use the orphaned glasses for. I hate to through things away too! We all need pencil and pen holders! I've used tin cans this way too! When I wrap anything with twine, I most always use Mod Podge...works great on anything! Thanks for the idea and share!