Porta Verde Studio
Porta Verde Studio
  • Canada

ANTIQUE SIDEBOARD NO. 2 - What's your preference?

I posted this sideboard last week asking for users opinions on what paint treatment to do on it. So many people said to NOT paint it. I compromised and painted part of it and refinished the rest. It is painted in oil satin black with a poly clear coat and very lightly distressed. The top has been stained and clear coated and the wood has been restored with a tinted wiping varnish. As a finishing touch, I
The After Photo
The After Photo
The After Photo
The After Photo
Detail of distressing
Detail of distressing
antique sideboard no 2 what s your preference, painted furniture
Fabric lined drawers
Fabric lined drawers
The Before Photo
The Before Photo

• Renee Schuhmacher

Can you tell me what paint and varnish you used please? I love your piece!!!

• Brenda Dillard

How long did it take you to strip it and re vamp it? I have one almost identical except it has become black over the past 40+ years from using wood and gas to heat the home.

• Lori

I've been saving a brown hutch for a cooler weather project. I also want to paint most of it Planck and leaves some stain Brown places. QUESTION. What can I put over the stain if I want to change it? Do I have to strip it first? It very red and I need to Brown. Anything would be better. I hate to paint it Brown but that may be there alternative. I'm stuck.