Don't Throw Away That Frame!

I find myself saying that a lot these days!
When my husband came home with this frame, he said, “It was only $10 and some of the molding around it is broken off… but I thought you could fix it.”
He totally gets me. lol
don t throw away that frame , chalk paint, crafts, how to, painting, repurposing upcycling, shabby chic, wall decor
But there was a catch, one corner was busted up.
I thought about this for a while and ended up trying Bondo. I knew it would be paintable and should be somewhat forgiving.
I just plopped it on the area with the broken molding and used a wooden skewer to shape it and create some peaks.
I did 2 coats of chalk paint. Here it is after the first coat… you can tell it’s still wet.
I grabbed some sand paper and went over some of the edges lightly to bring out the gold that was still hiding underneath. Then slapped in a pre-made chalkboard and here she is!
That’s it! I am so in love with these shabby chic frames and chalkboards. I have them all over my house and never get tired of them.
If you'd like to see the full tutorial and all photos or get more DIY ideas, visit the Mrs. Do It Herself blog. Link below.
Karrah @ Mrs Do It Herself