Thrift Store Jewelry Box Goes Fancy Schmancy!

I bought this jewelry box for $5 at my local thrift store. I was looking for a project that wouldn't take much time but would be fun to do. I picked this up and made it over for my daughter who loves glamorous things.
First I removed the door, all hinges, the glass, and the door hardware. I opted to leave the hardware on the drawers since the screws were covered in felt inside and the felt was in good condition in the drawers.
The felt inside the mirror area was not very pretty and it was coming loose on the left edge. I decided to rip it all out and put in a new fabric that would match my daughter's new room design.
The top drawer felt had seen better days. I decided I was going to recover this with the same fabric I was going to use in the mirror space.
I filled every dent and imperfection with putty and then sanded the whole thing down. The sanding took out all the damage to the finish on the top. Isn't it so cute all ready for new paint?!
Here it is all finished! I spray primed with white, spray painted in berry pink, and handpainted mint green inside the heart shape on all the drawers. I left the drawers in the jewelry box when I primed and painted, that way I didn't have to tape. I used gold glitter glue to outline the details on the drawers. The door pull and the drawer knobs are painted with gold nail polish. Once it was completely dry I sealed it all with Polycrylic in Semi-gloss.
I used a very thin cardboard (it used to be a box of instant oats!) for the inside. I used the old pieces of cardboard and felt for size and measured out three pieces of new cardboard for the inside. I painted the pieces white (so that the fabric would stay true to color when applied) and then used mod podge to adhere the fabric to the cardboard. Once that was done all I had to do was seal it with Polycrylic and then attach each piece to the walls with wood glue. I put all the hardware and the door back on the jewelry box.
I sanded the spinning necklace holder and then used gold nail polish on that as well.
Lastly, in the ring drawer, I covered the torn felt with pretty fabric.
My daughter was thrilled with her new bright pink and sparkly jewelry box! Feel free to follow me on my Facebook page to see more of my makeovers! https://www.facebook.com/felicitysdaydreams/

Felicity Wallace