Felicity Wallace
Felicity Wallace
  • Maineville, OH

She's a Lady

From the picture on Craigslist it looked like this was solid wood. I attached the trailer and went after it but it turned out to be particle board. I had come this far with the trailer so I bought it. (I'm better at saying "no" now). I decided to make it over and sell it to earn my money back. Not only did I get it back, I made a tidy profit!
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
Before. It was missing most of its hardware. I ended up buying four new handles for the bottom drawers and I painted the knobs on the top drawer to match the new colors.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
Here is a better closeup of the dresser. It looks okay in the picture but had lots of little scratches and things that needed to be fixed. I made sure the drawer glides were in good shape and puttied and sanded the whole thing.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I used a Tiffany gift box as my inspiration!
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
Fancied up these knobs.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I used this mirror from another dresser ( I got for free!) and made it over to match my Tiffany Dresser.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I also made this wall hanging to go with the dresser. I couldn't resist, it just seemed to fit.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
Here she is all finished!
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I painted on the shooting stars design on the top drawer and covered it in glitter. Everything got painted and sealed with Polycrylic.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I purchased four sparkly handles to replace the missing ones.
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
she s a lady, how to, painted furniture
I had a ton of fun with this makeover. It turned out better than I imagined.
Felicity Wallace

• Dennie

I love the color. What type, brand, and color of paint did you use on this?

• Cendy

I have tried to use polycrylic, and it always turns a little yellow in spots. I try to put it on thinly. What am I doing wrong?

• Dee B

Me too Carey! I had same problem and now know what to do. Thanks everyone!