DIY Mudroom Cubbies!

Don't you love the look of mudroom cubbies?! Unfortunately, I don't have a great mudroom to fit the cubbies in, but the garage worked great for what I needed to organize my children's things. My garage is officially a mess so it needs some organization! The measurements will depend on how many cubbies you want and how tall you want it to be. My cabinet measures 6 feet tall x 4 feet wide. Here's how to build your own!
Cut the pieces to build the base along with the top to create a bench. Secure them with screws. The depth of the boards are 16" which is perfect for sitting and deep enough for stored items. My bench board measures 4 feet long.
Cut 2 long pieces to the height that you prefer and attach them to make the sides of the cabinet. My cabinet height is 6 feet tall. Attach a board across the top to make the top of the cabinet which will be the same length as the bench.
Another board will go across the top to make the top spaces for smaller storage items. it will be a tad shorter than the top board was. Once the board is screwed in on both sides, secure it with L brackets. 2 boards will be used to create the small spaces in the top area. It's the perfect area for cute baskets!
2 more boards will need to be cut for the middle of the cabinet to separate the 3 different cubbies in the middle section.
Pallet boards are used for the backing of the cubbies to add a little texture. Cut them to the size opening and attach them directly to the wall.
Hang hooks in each cubby with letters to help keep items organized by child if you're sorting backpacks or sports items like me! Paint the MDF white and then enjoy the organization! I know I do!

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Christina

• DIY Woodworking

Great project. Did you get the idea from here
  • Sheilah Perry-rosales

Nice project but I did notice in the final picture when everything was loaded that your middle cubbie supports on bottom were splaying outward.Wouldnt a bottom support board keep this from happening?
    • Boy10842321

rather than a full board on bottom, it might work to put a strip across at the very bottom which would help keep things behind/in the cubbie. I did that with a shelf unit I made and it worked great.
  • Karen Ann Buckley

Also, you didn't show how you added the two boards in the top to make the 3 small cubby spaces...and is this all done with manual screw drivers or electric? And how did you cut the pieces? Did you cut them yourself or have them cut at the store?
    • Neva Dew

Curious as to why your questions about what kind of screwdrivers (any kind that has the proper head will do the job), and whether the boards were precut (just as long as they are the right size what difference does it make?). As for the "how" I would imagine the boards were cut with a saw: as to whether by hand saw or power saw, again a trivial detail.