Transform A Brick Fireplace With A White Wash {Before & After}

I decided to white wash the bricks because I wanted to see some texture and color variations. I was slightly terrified to begin, so I started out with a 2 parts water/1 part paint mixture. You can see how that looked below the mantel. It just made the bricks look dirty. And there was too much pinky-peach coming through. After I did the 2:1 ratio, I went back with a 1:1 ratio and it was much better. I used a little bucket, a cheap paintbrush and a rag. I painted on and wiped the excess off. It is very important to get the paint in the crevices. Doing this makes a big difference. After the second coat was dry, I went back and dry brushed over the bricks with a X brush stroke. This brightened the bricks just a little bit and the X strokes made everything look a bit more random. I'm thrilled with how it turned out! I even made a "tent" out of plastic and spray painted the gas logs insert right in place. The difference is astounding!
An amazing fireplace transformation!
This is the before.
You can see one layer of 2:1 whitewash below the mantel and a second coat of 1:1 above the mantel
This is the tent I made out of plastic for spray painting the gas logs insert.
Didn't it turn out fabulously?!

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Myra @ MyBlessedLife.net

• Carol Bartels
    Carol Bartels

Did you also paint your paneling?
  • Samantha
    Samantha

I,M WORRIED THAT I HAVE SOME UNSIGHTLY CEMENT ON QUITE A FEW PARTS OF MY FIREPLACE.....

HOW DO I GET IT OFF ? X

• Beth Bailey
    Beth Bailey

Quick question, what made you decide NOT to paint the brick in front of the fireplace? Looks great but just thinking about options🤗