Beginnings of My Little Garden Shed

My husband built me this garden shed out of mostly repurposed items. Just about the only things that were purchased as New was the windows, the 4x4 posts & the deckboards on the porch.
The arbor is made from storm doors with some iron brackets for support. I wish Hobby Lobby still carried this style of bracket as they were one of my favorites. Good thing I held onto them for a few years. I hoard things like that.
The barn door was an after-thought. I stopped in at a small shop that was in it's final minutes of a going-out-of-business sale. I mean, we're talking like "they're shutting off the lights & ready to go home" final. I wanted a set of barn doors I was told about by a friend. I turned around & spotted the double arched white door. Asked if it was for sale & was told that someone was supposed to have come to get it, but never showed up. If I wanted it, it was mine too...on one condition - I had to take the single barn door with everything else for free. No brainer! And as they say...the rest is history.
Teal Blue & White Garden Shed made from mostly reused & recycled items
Arbor made from storm doors, with a few new brackets from Hobby Lobby
Barn door made into garden art.
Beth M

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 56 comments
Next