Sabine Schmidt
Sabine Schmidt
  • Hendersonville, TN

DIY Macrame Wall Hanging Using Mop Refill

This DIY Macrame project is something I decided to do on a whim. I used a mop refill and leftover beads. It's unique and adds a nice texture to the wall. A perfect project for a cold winter day.
diy macrame wall hanging using mop refill, gardening, home decor, how to, wall decor
I started with a mop refill, leftover beads, and wooden dowel. The dowel is from Walmart, mop refill from a thrift store, beads I already had. The rod is 27 inches long.
Next, I made a basic knot. For this I checked out lots of YouTube tutorial until I found one that made sense to me. My blog has a link to a tutorial I thought was best.
I added one more simple knot and beads.
I tied a piece of vine to the wooden rod. Since this was my first attempt at Macrame, I kept it pretty simple.
Done! You can get more details about the measurements and YouTube tutorials I liked best on my blog.
I like it. It has that 70's vibe, don't you think? Macrame wall hangings can be pretty pricey (I have seen them for as high as $200), and mine cost next to nothing. Hope you enjoyed my Macrame project. Check out my blog for more details and other fun crafts.

• Mop refill, beads, wooden rod, twine
Sabine Schmidt

• Sheenaireland

It's lovely and clever. Where did you get the wooden dowel?

• Sabine Schmidt

I found my rod at Walmart. The mop refill was from a thrift store but I've seen them at Walmart and Big lots.

• Sharon Tarasoff

that is cool. but do you know of any place where you can still get the macramé rope or what else could you use

• Bronxgirlcl

Go on line to Pepperell braiding co. They have it. I macrame and I get everything there.