Critter Damage and Repairs

A recent client of mine contacted my office because of some health issues they were having in their home. They requested a mold evaluation be performed to see if the health issues were related in any way to any possible mold. They had contacted another competitor of mine who after some time told them they could not find any real issues anywhere and suggested that the health issues are not mold related.
I
Applying new fiberglass insulation after everything was cleaned
The start of the project. Our super vac pretty much sucked up anything that it came into contact with.
Just one of the many areas that they destroyed.
Two of the 12 plus dead squirrels that we removed. Plus what we think was a raccoon as it was much to large of a carcass to have been anything else.
Simply layers of insulation covered with animal feces throughout all of the 1000 square foot attic we had to clean.
One of the several nests we had to dig out. Note the hole on the right side soffit area. One of the many entrances that these critters utilized.
What is shown here is the paper that is left after the animals chewed off all the insulation just leaving the paper backing.
Once cleaned up we contstructed foam boxes to cover every high hat light to allow insulation to be placed directly onto the boxes instead of allowing them to be buried unsafely with the blown in fiberglass I used.

• Carrie Krumrie

wow...so glad there are people that are doing this type of work....some of the attic reminded me of an attic in a house I rented.....thank you so much for this information...and the pictures...

• Lynn

Thanks for the information and all the comments, which always are appreciated for their additional info. I hope I never have this problem. Yikes!