Reclaimed Wood Wall For FREE

We finished our back porch makeover and this reclaimed wood wall is my favorite part! It really made this room pop. The best part............ it was totally FREE! Yes! Free!

My aunt was replacing her old fencing around her pool. She asked (kind of joking) if we wanted the old fencing. "YEP!" She couldn't believe it.

After we made this old fence look gorgeous again, we started adding it to the wall in our back porch. We first put some 1x2's on the wall so we didn't have to nail the reclaimed wood into the siding, Then, we cut the fence to fit and nailed it into the 1x2 boards. We added some barn lights to this wall as well which really made a statement. You can read all about how we did those here .

This reclaimed well was simple to do and it made the biggest impact!! The best part, it didn't cost us anything! Just a little time and elbow grease! I will take that any day.

To see the full tutorial and how we made the wood beautiful again, make sure to check out my blog post http://mycreativedays.porch.com/reclaimed-wood-wall/.

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Lindsay Eidahl

• Connie Jones
    Connie Jones

We did a simular project. We bought our house & the back yard & pond was severely neglected. We took thevold privacy fence down & cut in half. Used it backing for the pond. Painted it white & put transfered hostas in front of that.
  • Joanie
    Joanie

Your porch is my style and I love what you did with the Freebies. I love wood, I love your black door and everything that makes it HOME for you. Music to my ears!!