Recycled Tin Can Christmas Tree

Do you have a whole bunch of empty tin cans lying around? With Christmas coming up we thought it would be a good idea to to make ourselves something special to add to our decor and recycle those empty cans at the same time. We decided to use the cans to make a Christmas tree.
We started off using tin snips to cut our cans a little smaller. The short little tuna cans would have been ideal for this project, but sadly we didn’t have any in our stash. To create the layers or branches of the Christmas tree we glued 5 cans together for the bottom layer and 3 for the middle layer. The top layer would be a single can.
For a bit of bling we glued plastic beads to the bottom of the tin cans and then added succulents inside. Luckily for us, our vertical garden has produced loads of new off shoots so we had more than enough plants to go around.
We used an old lamp base to form the "trunk" of the Christmas tree and attached the layers or tin can "branches" using a thread bar and nuts.
And no self respecting Christmas tree is complete without a star ;-)
I love how our succulent, recycled tin can Christmas tree turned out and for me she's a living reminder of what Christmas is all about.
Do you like creating your own decor at Christmas or do you prefer something already made?
For the full tutorial come say hi on the blog. As always we love visitors. Sending blessing and love to everyone

20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Michelle Leslie

• Cathy

What did you use in between each row of cans ? I LOVE this idea , I'm gonna try this and hopefully next year I can get my Granddaughters interested and have them make some !!! THANKS SO MUCH HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! Cathy