Advent Calendar DIY-Make It for Free!

How to make a cute advent calendar using scrap wood, paint and clothespins for free!
I wanted to make my own advent calendar using materials I had on hand. I found some extra scrap wood in the garage and some wooden clothespins so I had just what I needed for this project. And the best part, it was free and easy to make!
First, I measured and marked my wood and cut each piece using a jig saw and sanded the edges.
I assembled the tree and glued each branch to the tree trunk with wood glue & secured them with 2 small finishing nails. Then I painted the tree white.
I made the star out of 8 wood clothes pins. I disassembled the pins and glued the two pieces flat sides together and let them dry.
I used hot glue to glue the star pieces together. First in the form of a cross and then the other four to form the star. I added a gold pearl button to the center of the star for extra sparkle at the end.
I spray painted 25 clothespins and the finished star white and glued them to the tree form using hot glue.
I printed out the numbers on my computer and cut each one out with a decorative punch and glued them to small brown envelopes. I added a small saw tooth hook on the back for hanging.
I clipped the numbered envelopes on the tree and the Advent Calendar is complete! For more details and measurements check out http://www.dellsdailydish.com.

• Wooden clothespins  (on hand)
  • Scrap wood moulding  (on hand)
  • Glue, finishing nails, paint, button

Dell

• Bck5175835

What do you have on each of the numbered cards?

• 4156547

Those are brown paper bags (probably 2" x 3"). A stick of gum or wrapped candy would fit inside. Change it up with a "coupon or ticket" to a special event or outing for that day.