Food Storage Container Organization Solved

$15

So I am sure we have all had some frustrations with food storage containers at one point or another. My food storage container cabinet was a stinkin' hot mess, so I decided to get a little organized. I decided to combine a couple of different methods I have seen used before. Most of these food storage container organization options can be found at a dollar store and are a great way to get it together! With a file organizer, a dish dry rack, and a bin you too can get your food storage containers in order!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

SUPPLIES:
Guys... this seriously wasn't staged... How sad is this madness? In my defense the lids were more organized a couple days ago, but things got moved around when I needed a bin in the back, and, well, there you have it... madness! Clearly this project was done out of necessity.
STEP 1: Match Up All of Your food storage containers Make sure all the food storage containers you have has its matching lid... if you are anything like me you will have some random extras that can be tossed out. Some lids I found I had literally never seen. It's a little ridiculous.
STEP 2: Put Your Lids in the Drying Rack Once you make sure all of your food storage containers are worth keeping, it is time to start organizing! First, grab your dish drying rack. Take all of your small lids and tuck them into the cutlery drying pocket.
Now take all of your other lids and place them in the plate slots. I organized them by shape and size so that I know where to look from now on!
STEP 3: Stack Your Food Storage Containers in Bins Now grab your bin(s) and stack your food storage containers in the most organized manner you can, and place them in the bin so they fit nicely but also in a neat manner.
STEP 4: Place the Rack and Bin into Your Cabinet Now tuck your bin and dish drying rack back into the cabinet in whichever order you find fitting. I live in an apartment in Brooklyn, so I don't have a ton of cabinet space to spread these out as nicely as I would like, but this is already SOOOO much better than what I had going on.
STEP 5: Drill Your Folder Organizer Onto Your Cabinet Door Now grab your folder organizer and a drill (and a couple screws) and secure it to the door, making sure there is clearance for the door to close without the bin hitting the items inside the cabinet. Once it is secured in place, fill it with any extra or strange shaped lids that didn't fit in the dish drying rack.
Look at all that beauty! I am seriously so pumped at this simple and cheap fix!
Of course you could just use several bins to store both lids and containers, but I kind of like that each lid has it's own little space.
As you can see there is plenty of clearance for the door to close with the desk organizer attached.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer

• Pamela

Pics & explanation are very organized also, great inspiration! Sometimes we can't "see" the solution. This is it!! And yes, why do we have all these containers?

• Kathleen

Beautiful!

• Jewlq

Why do you call these storage containers Tupperware? They are not Tupperware they are however storage containers but NOT Tupperware. It is a very nice idea and looks like it works well.

• Stolzy

The dish rack is genius!

I usually have someone else go into that cabinet for me. It scares me. But I'm going to do this! This week! I even have an old dish rack that's been kicking around the garage for years. I refuse to throw it out...someone could use it...right?

Thanks for the great idea!

• Linda Brown

I use a dish pan for my large round lids and an old cereal storage container for the small snack type lids as we are a large family it works great.