"5 Items For Your Winter Home From ONE Thrift Store Sweater!" (Part 5)

$2

Buy 1 thrift store sweater or repurpose an old sweater of your own to make 5 ideas that are easy and will warm your home during the cold months! There will be 5 separate posts for this one project. Links to all projects will be at the bottom.

Fifth we are going to make a hand warmers. Here is the original sweater.
There is what we have left of the sweater for round 5. Cut 2 rectangles
Hot glue 2 sides and fold together
Once the glue cools, flip the pocket inside out.
Add rice
Put hot glue on one side on the outside of the sweater.
Flip both sides in and press together.
To use as a hand warmer, place in the microwave for a few seconds. It depends on the strength of your microwave but 10 seconds is enough in mine. Use to warm cold hands after coming in from outside. Warm and place inside your mitten for added warmth.
These also double as cold backs for sore muscles and boo boos. Place your hand warmer in the freezer. Pull out when you are ready to use it, and place back in the freezer when you’re finished.

Please join me for Hometalk’s Facebook Live Tuesday, Jan. 10th 2017 at 7pm EST! In case you missed it, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/Hometalk/?fref=ts
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Sweater
  • Rice

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

I made something similar to this for my granddaughter's tummy when she was a baby. I used hot glue and when we put it in microwave to heat the rice the glue melted and it fell apart. How did you avoid that happening?

• Chas' Crazy Creations
      Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you Diana. Since I'm a dance teacher, I make a lot of rice pack warmers for gifts ☺ and I love those warmers at Walmart - we use them for outdoor activities and my son's early spring baseball games. Thanks for sharing.

• Sharon Kerechanin
    Sharon Kerechanin

Do you use long-grain (not minute) rice?