Mud Room Redone.

Although we have just built most of our home- We knew we had to do something with out mudroom entry, we had painted it a light mint green before we got our puppies and washing the walls daily in wet weather is not fun.
Plus, it was boring.
Before, not ugly but boring and not practical.
Snore, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring.
More boring
We decided on 5' 6" tall bead board
Beadboard, seams filled and re-lined.
My hubby cuts and puts it up, I fill nail holes, seams etc., and then run a fingernail down the seam to make sure the bead looks like all the rest, I get very sharp nails like this!
You should really use something besides a fingernail!
Getting there!
Apply and fill top moulding. The realized the brad nailer was arking the wall so I had to sand and filla ll those little marks above ther trim
Dry and sanded
Ready to paint.
We pick a colour call "Dark waters green" for the beadboard. I love white but it would not have made cleaning easier!
My clock, my shallow Ikea shoe holder and Monsieur Grenouille (Mr.Frog) with the umbrella take their place.
After painting we put up a few picture that I downloaded from the graphic fairy ( Thanks GF!)
Here they are - crappy picture but hey!
Put up the key holder and
I LOVE IT!

• Senior Chief

Do you happen to remember the brand of paint was "dark waters green"? Love both color but especially the darker shade! Thanks 😊

• Stacy Davis

I love that Dark Waters Green on the beadboard. It is gorgeous! Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

• Teresa

Thank you Stacy, I am mesmerized by that colour for some reason. I am desperately searching for somewhere else in our house to use it!!

• Vickie Hanshaw

I Have This Bead Board in a Short Hallway Leading to My {Now Grown and Gone} Childrens Rooms. It was Put Up When They Were Small Because It w=Was Easier To Clean Than Painted Walls It is Plain Boring White. Painting it Never Crossed My Mind---BUT IT HAS NOW !!!! LOL I THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION {my Husband--Not So Much {giggles} You Did a Great Job !!!!!

• Teresa

We have been doing the crown moulding downstairs and are just starting to spruce up the building we did upstairs. The basket idea is great! thanks!!