DIY HERB GARDEN

This plastic bottle herb garden project was submitted by Sylvie Leost . Sylvie is a recycling guru who loves to upcycle discarded waste into useful and resourceful items. Make sure you pay her a visit on her Facebook page Not Just Trash ( and give her a like) to see more of her creative recycling ideas .
diy herb garden
SIDE NOTE : IF YOU'RE A FAN OF PLANTS AND/OR GARDENING - YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS POST ON CREATIVE PLANTER CONTAINER IDEAS
Materials used
2 Pint sized plastic milk bottles,
3cm wide wooden baton long enough to fit your window ( I used the slat of an old wooden blind)
scissors,
craft knife,
hole puncher,
metal ruler
permanent black marker pen.
How to:
wash bottle and remove labels
Using the scissors, remove the top and handle of the plastic bottle. You can either do this by following the marking on your bottle as I did or by drawing out where you will cut before hand with a marker.
diy herb garden
Using the craft knife and ruler, cut slits to your bottle
Next use the black permanent marker pen to decorate and label each bottle. -
To finish, slide the bottles thorough the wooden baton and suspend it from the window sill with your choice fixing.
diy herb garden
Place your various herbs inside and watch your bottle herb garden flourish!
diy herb garden
Click the link below to see more pictures and this post in more detail!
Grillo Designs Members Projects

• Wcmil

Do you potting soil? Do you use seeds or seedlings for the herbs? How do you affix the plastic bottles to the window?

• Dolly

Picture shows some sort of hooking over the rod, but the other picture shows cutting away the complete handle. I'm confused

• Vicki Leigh Larkowski

It looks to me like it is crafted from the side of the bottle opposite to where the handle was. They cut a flap of sorts.
  • Mary Ann

Do you put small pots in the jugs with drainage?

• Leb22559170

oooh bet this would work with a tension rod (like a shower curtain rod). I have a small outside window on the patio ill have to try this with.
  • MJ Jennings

COOL