How to Tile a Bathroom Floor With 12x24 Gray Tiles

$400
1 Week

This past month we took on the project of remodeling/redoing our master bathroom. Our house was built in 2010 so the the finishes are very brown. Since it's only 6 years old all we had to do was change out the finishes and use the existing layout of the bathroom. Here is a quick over view of how we tiled the floor, but if you want a VERY detailed tutorial on how we did it, what we used (including the exact tile we used) make sure to check out my blog post. I took lots of photos along the way :)
Here is the before picture. We had an tile linoleum in there. It didn't bad in there at all, we just wanted an updated look in there. Plus tile looks so much better than linoleum!
The first thing we did was take out the old flooring.
Then we covered the floor with backer board.
The next step was the tile, isn't it pretty?! We choose a nice cool gray to go in there and I love them. Want to know the exact tile we used, check out my blog post!
Once all the tile was in it was time to grout the tiles. We used a lighter gray (even though in the picture is looks dark, it was wet).
Once the grout was dry, we did some finishing touches and it was done! Isn't it pretty?! I love it so much more than the linoleum, so much more! I also painted in there with a nice warm gray. If you have any questions or curious on how we did this, make sure to check out my blog post because chances are, I answered your questions in it!

• Tiles
  • Backer Board

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Kaysi Gardner

• Regina

I love it and would like to try it but how do you do the corners

• Rachel McCreless

What is the name of this tile?? Where did you find it?

• Dokey

I’ve wanted to do a Back Splash in my kitchen for a long time but the “cutting “ makes me nervous! I don’t have a cutter to cut the tile around the window and outlets 😩

I love the way your floors came out, great job! I love those tiles, my daughter has them in her kitchen that look like wood.

• Diane Collins

Did you have to remove the toilet and put in something to raise it to level of new tile?

• Kaysi Gardner

Yes. We got a new toilet and then we had to get a ring that had an extension because the tile was higher than the plywood