Lindsay Eidahl
Lindsay Eidahl
  • Cedar Rapids, IA

Get Rid Of Your Boring Easter Eggs - Make Mossy Spring Eggs!

This spring craft is so easy that your kids can help you do it! Any time I can create with my kids is a good day! Many memories have been made over craft projects. Easter eggs are fun, but I wanted to do something different this year. I wanted to make some eggs that aren't boring and have a ton of color and texture. Let me show you what I did.
get rid of your boring easter eggs make mossy spring eggs
For these Mossy Spring Easter Eggs, you will need {afflink}:Wood EggsMossTacky Glue
Okay, these steps can't be any easier so if you blink, you might miss it! HAHA!All you have to do is spread Tacky glue on your egg and then push the moss on to the glue. That's it!Make sure to cover the entire egg with the moss.
I also cut and painted some egg carton sections to hold the mossy eggs, but you could just add them to a basket, a vignette or cloche.
I added these DIY Mossy Spring Eggs to our faux mantel in our living room. They sit on top of white cake stands found from the Hot Spot at Target. I love the color and texture these eggs add to our home for spring! No more boring Easter eggs this year!!! You can see more details about this project on my blog post: http://mycreativedays.porch.com/diy-mossy-spring-easter-eggs/

• Wood Eggs  (Amazon)
  • Moss  (Amazon)
  • Tacky Glue  (Amazon)

Lindsay Eidahl

• Jody

I love the whole look! Where did you get that great map? Nice job😄
  • FL

Are these eggs hard-boiled, raw (uncooked), wooden or hollow? Cannot find it mentioned on this post.

• MissEm

Hi! I had a quick question... I know u said use any kind of egg u want, but I'm curious now... See my comment for explanation, lol!... If this glue would work on Styrofoam balls? I have a bag FULL of Styrofoam balls, from teeny tiny, to Huge, like bigger than my head huge! And, I'm thinking topiary, but I can't do spray adhesive and hot glue is just too frustrating, I've tried both! Lol! I'd rather throw em out, than use hot glue again, lol! Thanks in advance!
    • Lindsay Eidahl

Hot glue would work for sure. You could give the Tacky glue a try. I love that stuff. You just might have to hold it a bit until it stays. You could also use floral picks to put the moss on the Styrofoam or create your own with bobby pins. You need a rounded edge at the top to hold the moss on. It is hard to explain, but just something to sick the moss on the ball but that has some kind of end to hold the moss too. A topiary would be beautiful! Don't throw them out! :-)

• Barbara

Loving the look!!!
  • MissEm

Ohhh I'm so glad I saw this! I made ONE, after seeing one on Pinterest, but either there wasn't instructions or I just couldn't find the pin once I was ready to do this, lol! Isn't that always the way?! Anyway, I tried it w Spray adhesive, but being that it is winter, & cold out, and that I love in an apartment, & craft at night, after my sons gone to bed, having the windows open, fan blowing, even in reverse (facing OUT the window, rather than blowing in), it just wasn't working. Then, I tried hot glue... And, boy was I cursing my choice of project THAT night! I thought, No way is the only 2 ways this can be done.... Burning ur digits to the quik, or stinking up the room with hazardous fumes (that also gave me a headache (I actually did this when my child was sleeping out))! Lol! Luckily I didn't give up, & kept my eye out. When I saw this, I opened it in a window, & there it sat, open in my phone, til just now, when I realized I have 60 windows open... Lol! Time to take a look, and Yeay! I'm so glad I did! I can make a few for Spring decorations I'm still making! I think the Motto No Pain, No Gain is great, for Any situation, BESIDES crafting! Lol! Thanks again!