$10 Easy DIY Window Trim

$10.00

Looking for ways to add some character to your windows? Unless you're already blessed with awesome window trim then I have just the post for you. This post shows

you how to add character to your windows with just a little bit of elbow grease (where did this saying coming from :-? ) and about $10. These plans are totally customizable to fit your taste and your window size and no angled cuts needed.

Here is way before how the window looked before our kitchen reno.

10 easy diy window trim

After the kitchen reno and removing the window trim here is where we were.

10 easy diy window trim

I started out by measuring and making my cuts then I painted them all in Extra White from Sherwin Williams.

The firs cut I did was the bottom ledge.

10 easy diy window trim

I attached this using liquid nails and held it in place with weights for it to adhere. Don't worry about any gaps those will be fixed with caulk later.

Next I cut, painted and added the sides using a nail gun to hold them in place.

10 easy diy window trim
10 easy diy window trim

I measured the width with the sides now attached and this was my measurement for the bottom piece.

10 easy diy window trim

Now it was time to make the header (top piece). I constructed it before nailing it to the wall.

10 easy diy window trim

Then I painted the header, placed it above the sides and nailed it to the wall.

10 easy diy window trim

After all pieces were up and the nailing was completed, I caulked all the gaps and the nail holes and touched it up with paint.

Here is how it looked when it was completed. Totally worth the $10 and the work it took to put it together.

10 easy diy window trim

To see the complete tutorial come visit the link below.

Looking for another kitchen project? This post shows you how to easily add more space to your cabinets with these Custom Made Cabinet Shelves.

Or try out this easy project and make a Modern Farmhouse Wood Tray. This goes perfect above my refrigerator.

Thank you so much for sticking around. I hope this post helps you to spruce up those windows.

Happy Building,

Tiffany

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Tammy Thompson

Love the farmhouse look. Where did you get your light fixture?

• Fer32468300

I want to redo my kitchen cabnets. I want to make them an antique white. What do I need to do to prep them

• Hi,

I actually didn't paint these cabinets. Perhaps ask this question under the "ask question" section and see if you can get some assistance there.

• Susan Simoneau

I live in a mobile home and have very narrow window sills. Do you think I could make my sills deeper using your method?

Thank you for any help!

• Pip

I also live in a mobile home and I plan to trim out all my windows very similar to this. It will give the place such an upgraded finished look.