Garden Markers - 5 Options

81K Views
Here are a variety of ways to make garden markers that are very easy and inexpensive to make. You can find my blog at Chas' Crazy Creations
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $1Difficulty: Easy
  • garden markers 5 options
First Garden Marker - you'll need your packet from your seeds, paint stir stick (or stick, skewer, plastic kitchen spoon, etc. - something to be a stake), and glass jar.
  • garden markers 5 options
Use your empty packet of seeds and place on the stake of your choice. (Open your packet of seeds from the bottom.)
  • garden markers 5 options
Place your recycled jar onto the top to cover and protect your seed packet from the elements.
  • garden markers 5 options
Stake in your garden.
  • garden markers 5 options
Option 2 - Write on a paint stick (10-$1 at Home Depot) with sharpie or a sharpie paint pen. Seal with acrylic sealer to protect.
  • garden markers 5 options
Option 3 - Write with sharpie on a plastic spoon (3-$1 at Dollar Tree). You can stop here or ...
Using more colorful sharpies...
  • garden markers 5 options
On the back side draw a picture of your planted item. A great option for color and if you have kids/grand kids etc.
  • garden markers 5 options
Option 4 - Wash a rock, let dry, and then use a paint pen or sharpie to write what you are growing. Once this is dry, spray with an acrylic sealer to protect it.
  • garden markers 5 options
Option 5 - Write with a sharpie on an old kitchen utensil and stake into the ground by your plant.

I would LOVE to have you stop by my blog - Chas' Crazy Creations! Please subscribe for my latest posts, projects, recipes, and exclusives.
  • garden markers 5 options
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:23 AM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Chas