Chas
Chas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Garden Markers - 5 Options

$1

Here are a variety of ways to make garden markers that are very easy and inexpensive to make. You can find my blog at Chas' Crazy Creations
garden markers 5 options
First Garden Marker - you'll need your packet from your seeds, paint stir stick (or stick, skewer, plastic kitchen spoon, etc. - something to be a stake), and glass jar.
garden markers 5 options
Use your empty packet of seeds and place on the stake of your choice. (Open your packet of seeds from the bottom.)
garden markers 5 options
Place your recycled jar onto the top to cover and protect your seed packet from the elements.
garden markers 5 options
Stake in your garden.
garden markers 5 options
Option 2 - Write on a paint stick (10-$1 at Home Depot) with sharpie or a sharpie paint pen. Seal with acrylic sealer to protect.
garden markers 5 options
Option 3 - Write with sharpie on a plastic spoon (3-$1 at Dollar Tree). You can stop here or ...
Using more colorful sharpies...
garden markers 5 options
On the back side draw a picture of your planted item. A great option for color and if you have kids/grand kids etc.
garden markers 5 options
Option 4 - Wash a rock, let dry, and then use a paint pen or sharpie to write what you are growing. Once this is dry, spray with an acrylic sealer to protect it.
garden markers 5 options
Option 5 - Write with a sharpie on an old kitchen utensil and stake into the ground by your plant.

I would LOVE to have you stop by my blog - Chas' Crazy Creations! Please subscribe for my latest posts, projects, recipes, and exclusives.
garden markers 5 options
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 13, 2018 10:12 PM - More info
Chas

• Claudia

Great ideas!

• Sandra Allen

I love this! I can not make anything grow but mold so I am out of the loop but know tons of gardeners and I sent them this last year. Very cute and remember "people throw rocks at things that shine".