Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Garden Markers - 5 Options

$1

Here are a variety of ways to make garden markers that are very easy and inexpensive to make.

garden markers 5 options
First Garden Marker - you'll need your packet from your seeds, paint stir stick (or stick, skewer, plastic kitchen spoon, etc. - something to be a stake), and glass jar.
garden markers 5 options
Use your empty packet of seeds and place on the stake of your choice. (Open your packet of seeds from the bottom.)
garden markers 5 options
Place your recycled jar onto the top to cover and protect your seed packet from the elements.
garden markers 5 options
Stake in your garden.
garden markers 5 options
Option 2 - Write on a paint stick (10-$1 at Home Depot) with sharpie or a sharpie paint pen. Seal with acrylic sealer to protect.
garden markers 5 options
Option 3 - Write with sharpie on a plastic spoon (3-$1 at Dollar Tree). You can stop here or ...
Using more colorful sharpies...
garden markers 5 options
On the back side draw a picture of your planted item. A great option for color and if you have kids/grand kids etc.
garden markers 5 options
Option 4 - Wash a rock, let dry, and then use a paint pen or sharpie to write what you are growing. Once this is dry, spray with an acrylic sealer to protect it.
garden markers 5 options
Option 5 - Write with a sharpie on an old kitchen utensil and stake into the ground by your plant.

garden markers 5 options
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Claudia

Great ideas!

• Sandra Allen

I love this! I can not make anything grow but mold so I am out of the loop but know tons of gardeners and I sent them this last year. Very cute and remember "people throw rocks at things that shine".