Glass Gem Candleholder

This project went fast....about 20min. And the best part is you can get your supplies at the dollar store for $4.00 including votive candles. I wanted to do a project with some items I could pick up at a dollar store. A craft that ‘anyone’ can do. I grabbed a small round glass vase, candle holder, and glass gems:
I use the Gorilla Clear Outdoor Glue if I’m going to keep outside. You can use hot glue, if you are keeping inside the house. But..it will melt off in the sun/heat.
I started by gluing the glass gems all around the bottom of the vase.. I put a dab of the glue on a gem, then let it sit a couple of minutes. I did this to a few.
I started by gluing the glass gems all around the bottom of the vase.. I put a dab of the glue on a gem, then let it sit a couple of minutes. I did this to a few.I then added them to the bottom of the vase.
See how pretty it is looking!  I added crushed shell I had purchased from Walmart. You could also use sand. The crushed shell and sand is good if real candles are used.

I then put some glue on the candle holder. I then placed the round vase I decorated on top of the holder:
I put a small led candle inside….It really looks pretty! (note: the candle holder is upside down on purpose. It looked better with the vase)
See how easy that was!!! You can do!!! Check out all my diy and craft projects at kelleysdiy.com

• Glass Gems/candle holder/round glass  (dollar store)
  • Crushed shells  (Walmart)

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Linda kelley

• Wandamurline

Could you use a champaign glass turned up side down?
    • Pat whitmus

If the base of the champagne glass is sturdy and sizable the glass can be filled with light weight beads and then the bowl glued to the edges of the glass rim. Base MUST be large and the glass overall one of those thick ones like you find in a Mexican restaurant.
  • Marissa from oz

I live in australia,what would be the best glue for me to use,thanks.

• Debra Jane

I live in Australia too, just thought I'd let you know that Bunnings sell gorilla glue.

• Cindy Dwyer

I really love your projects. I make soy candles for online sales & would like to know if it would be ok with you to use some of your ideas to include in my store? Thanks
  • Mary Howard

Great project. I made the same DIY and put a piece of ribbon at the top and it came out beautifully. I too used crushed shells and added flowers. The finished product is awesome.