Potting Shed Garden Shop Sign

While my shop days are behind me, I was tickled to find a Potting Shed Garden Shop Sign for the back door of my Potting Shed. I had a friend tell me: “You can take the girl out of retail, but not retail out of the girl.” :)
The wood frame with the hardware cloth was headed for the trash pile at a thrift store when I rescued it a couple of years ago. It was pretty shabby and had some tears in the cloth. I didn’t know what I would do with it, but I thought the wire holes would be handy for hanging tools somewhere by my shed.
My backdoor of my Potting Shed was a $12 salvage find with a broken glass pane. Instead of replacing the glass, I added a board and painted it with chalkboard paint to “plant” with seasonal messages and inspiration. The exterior of the door has always been a little boring with the empty painted panel.
The Potting Shed Garden Shop, March – December, 7 Days a Week
Bulbs, Seeds, Plants
According to the sign, I’m two months late opening up back up for business ;)
As it turned out, the Potting Shed sign was a little small for the panel and looked a little lost. I decided to use the framed hardware cloth which was about the right size to fill the panel to hang on the back of my chalkboard door.

I have a collection of vintage garden tools collected over the years from flea markets. The tools are hanging on s-hooks on the hardware cloth framing the sign.
I added some grapevine to ramble around the sign and green painted terra cotta pots are wired through the bottom of the hole in the pot so they can hang on s-hooks, along with the tools.
I cut some wild honeysuckle vine, running rampant with fragrant blooms in the field next to my shed, to frame the sign.
A bird's nest is tucked in pot. . .
And some honeysuckle blooms are tucked in the pots. Like all cut flowers, they will wilt, but there are plenty more vines to cut and replace the faded blooms or wild grapevine to add!
I found the Potting Shed Sign at a local antique mall a year ago. More details at the link below!

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is