Coastal Candle Holder

$8.00

I’m always trying to think of easy ways to add coastal touches to my decor. This Coastal Candle Holder from a Terra Cotta Pot was a quick and easy DIY way to do that. The cost was low and it’s a fun little decor piece. It didn’t take long at all to put together
coastal candle holder
To make my Coastal Candle Holder from a Terra Cotta Pot, I purchased a  4 inch flower pot from Home Depot along with a 6 inch dish. I bought the rope and candle at Walmart. I already had the paint, brushes and shells. 

The paint is Waverly Chalk Paint  in a color appropriately called Ocean.  I gave the pot and the dish two coats, allowing about 10 minutes of drying time between each coat. I sprayed both pieces with Krylon Crystal Clear Sealer. 
coastal candle holder
Once both pieces were dry, I decided on placement. I like the look of the pot upside down with the dish on top. I thought about gluing the pieces together, but I don’t think that’s necessary. It balances well. 
coastal candle holder
I added a line of rope around the pot using hot glue to keep it in place.
coastal candle holder
The starfish is hot glued to the rope.
coastal candle holder
I added a second piece of rope just under the dish. I added the candle and some small river rocks to the dish. I placed it on top of my wine bar and I liked it, but it wasn’t quite right.
coastal candle holder
I decided to add some small Folly Beach sea shells around the candle. I like this look better than the rocks.
coastal candle holder
It’s a fun accent piece to go along with my other coastal decor. It was quick, easy, and inexpensive-that’s my kind of DIY decor!
coastal candle holder
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Terra Cotta Pot & Dish  (Home Depot)
  • Paint  (Walmart)
  • Rope  (Walmart)
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd