Coastal Candle Holder

$8.00

I’m always trying to think of easy ways to add coastal touches to my decor. This Coastal Candle Holder from a Terra Cotta Pot was a quick and easy DIY way to do that. The cost was low and it’s a fun little decor piece. It didn’t take long at all to put together
To make my Coastal Candle Holder from a Terra Cotta Pot, I purchased a  4 inch flower pot from Home Depot along with a 6 inch dish. I bought the rope and candle at Walmart. I already had the paint, brushes and shells. 

The paint is Waverly Chalk Paint  in a color appropriately called Ocean.  I gave the pot and the dish two coats, allowing about 10 minutes of drying time between each coat. I sprayed both pieces with Krylon Crystal Clear Sealer. 
Once both pieces were dry, I decided on placement. I like the look of the pot upside down with the dish on top. I thought about gluing the pieces together, but I don’t think that’s necessary. It balances well. 
I added a line of rope around the pot using hot glue to keep it in place.
The starfish is hot glued to the rope.
I added a second piece of rope just under the dish. I added the candle and some small river rocks to the dish. I placed it on top of my wine bar and I liked it, but it wasn’t quite right.
I decided to add some small Folly Beach sea shells around the candle. I like this look better than the rocks.
It’s a fun accent piece to go along with my other coastal decor. It was quick, easy, and inexpensive-that’s my kind of DIY decor!
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Terra Cotta Pot & Dish  (Home Depot)
  • Paint  (Walmart)
  • Rope  (Walmart)

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd