Five Gallon Bucket Patio Table

I wanted a little side table for our front deck but as usual did not want to spend any money. What to do? Look around all our STUFF and figure something out using a five gallon bucket, paint and Dollar Store glass marbles
five gallon bucket patio table
We removed the handle and spray painted the bucket blue, then used a nail gun to attach scraps of pallet boards left over from the pallet planters we made/are making.
five gallon bucket patio table
I painted the boards blue then added a glass microwave plate that was the perfect 15" diameter. Hmmm, this project needs some BLING!
five gallon bucket patio table
I crashed my stash for Dollar Store glass gems and a tube of silicone caulking.
five gallon bucket patio table
Heeeey! This turned out nice and blingy! And it was FREE, baby!
five gallon bucket patio table
Perfect for that spot between two chairs when we visit or just sit in the sun or enjoy the day. Still not sure if the glam style of the top goes with that rustic base but I've got a few other ideas I'm going to try. For now I'm calling this a win win!
five gallon bucket patio table
PLUS, everything about this little table is waterproof. The glass gems, the microwave plate, the silicone sealer, the bucket and the recycled pallet boards, totally weatherproof. So I don't have to worry about bringing this table inside because of bad weather or the changing seasons. Really a WIN WIN!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 22, 2018 11:29 PM - More info
Ann

• Missy McClellan Asche

Did you "fill" the microwave plate with a film of silicone and lay the stones in. Did you cover the stones with additional silicone to seal them in?

• Carey

I have a leaky bucket that I have been wanting to do something with besides tossing! What a great Idea. I plan to make a pedestal for a planter with it using your idea! PERFECT!

I have already used a blue bucket to hold an old concrete birdbath top in w which I have planted a sedum garden! Considering turning it into a fairy garden at some point!

• Maureen Barringer

did you lay the stones first & then the silicone after ????

• Ann

I put a "puddle" of the silicone on the plate first about 2" across then smooshed each glass marble into the silicone, giving it a twist to seat it. Since the marbles are about the same thickness the surface of the plate is pretty even. I didn't put anything over the top of the marbles.

• Michelle Reesey

I love this, but one question, how do you keep the glass top from falling off and breaking?

• Audrie Sumner

Also you could add a disc of wood to bottom of lid the prevent sliding off. Use construction adhesive to attach.

• Carol Marthens

Great idea, I have those glass trays from microwaves that quit working and I hated to dispose to the nice round plates from inside. So I have several from over the years. I might suggest pouring the acrylic resin over the top to fill in between between the pretty glass pebbles to make a perfectly smooth top that would not collect rainwater and dirt. Can't wait to try this!

• Nina Schultz Nicely

I like your idea- am thinking to cut the wood a bit shorter so bucket lid can be exposed. Then Keep bucket upright for storage. Out side of lid can be wrapped with natural color twine/rope, and this rope can also be pressed between the wood slats to hide the bucket. Would also fill the top of the plate with resin, so it would be smooth. Place between chairs at fire pit, use bucket to hold telescoping pit skewers, matches, Pot holders etc... for grill night-