Alicia W
Alicia W
  • Middletown, PA

5 Ways to Clean Your Tub & Tile

$5

Cleaning my bathroom ranks right up there with raking leaves and shoveling snow, all things I hate to do. These 5 tricks will help make that job a little easier.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Let's start with getting rid of mold on grout.
Please don't judge me but I have mold on my grout - yuk - and I've tried to get rid of it but it just keeps coming back. Our shower is enclosed with only a fan for ventilation so it's a breeding ground for this stuff.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Clean using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
1) Pour hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and generously spray all of the moldy areas.
2) Pour baking soda onto a stiff brush and scrub.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Mold is gone and won't come back!

5 ways to clean your tub tile
Stubborn grout stains? Use toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.

1) Wearing gloves, generously apply toilet bowl cleaner with bleach to the grout lines.
2) Scrub with a stiff brush
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Grout is nice and clean.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Mineral deposits on your shower head? Use baking soda & white vinegar
1) Over sink, pour 1/3 cup of baking soda into a plastic bag
2) Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into the bag. This will create a foaming action - don't be scared!
5 ways to clean your tub tile
3) Put the bag over the shower head and tie tightly.
4) Allow the bag to remain on the shower head at least 12 hours
5 ways to clean your tub tile
5) Remove the bag and your shower head is clean and will work like new

5 ways to clean your tub tile
Clogged drain? Use salt, baking soda, white vinegar, & boiling water
1) Remove the drain cover (if you have one)
2) Using a tweezers, pull any gunk, hair, etc out of the drain
5 ways to clean your tub tile
3) Pour 1/2 cup salt down the drain. This will help to dissolve blockage.
4) Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain.
5) Pour 1/2 cup white vinegar down the drain. This will create a foaming action which will help to push the blockage.
6) Wait 10 minutes
7) Pour 2 quarts of BOILING water down the drain. This will push everything down.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Drain is now unclogged.
5 ways to clean your tub tile
Jetted tub need to be deep cleaned? Use baking soda & white vinegar.

5 ways to clean your tub tile
1) Scrub the entire tub with baking soda.
2) Without rinsing the baking soda, fill the tub with water making sure the water covers the jets
5 ways to clean your tub tile
3) Pour 3 cups of white vinegar into the tub
4) Turn on the jets and run for 3 minutes
5) Empty the water from the tub.
Depending of the amount of buildup in the jets, you might have to do this a few times until the jets now longer blow out the gunk that is in the jet pipes.

Now that my bathrooms are clean, I have more time to rake leaves :(

• Kimberly Cothran Schlageter

How do you get rid of scum on shower glass... I’ve tried everything. Help!!

• Wendy Holbrook

Put u some hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle spray on shower and put baking power on scrub brush and scrub and then rinse with warm water then u should have clean doors

• Robin

I have old tile floor in my bathroom the grout is terrible I can no longer get down on my hands and knees to scrub, any ideas to get them cleaner then just a mop?

• Susan

I used to have a scrub brush that could be screwed on to a broomstick. Look online for something like that.

• Jackie

I'm wondering if this would also work on a kitchen drain that has no disposal?

• Therene kucinski

I have an old gray tub that when I clean it it just looks like shiny dirt. I've tried everything. Can't afford a new tub

• Georgia

Home Depot sells a great item to pull hair clogs out of your tub drain. It is a thin plastic gadget about 2 feet long with jagged tooth on both sides. I thinks I paid about 3 dollars for it. Every time I use it I yell my husband, it's the best 3 dollars I ever spent. Haha. I have long hair, and this item literally pulls it out I one long clump. Great item!!!!!