5 Ways to Clean Your Tub & Tile
Cleaning my bathroom ranks right up there with raking leaves and shoveling snow, all things I hate to do. These 5 tricks will help make that job a little easier.
Let's start with getting rid of mold on grout.
Please don't judge me but I have mold on my grout - yuk - and I've tried to get rid of it but it just keeps coming back. Our shower is enclosed with only a fan for ventilation so it's a breeding ground for this stuff.
Clean using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
1) Pour hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and generously spray all of the moldy areas.
2) Pour baking soda onto a stiff brush and scrub.
Mold is gone and won't come back!
Stubborn grout stains? Use toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.
1) Wearing gloves, generously apply toilet bowl cleaner with bleach to the grout lines.
2) Scrub with a stiff brush
Grout is nice and clean.
Mineral deposits on your shower head? Use baking soda & white vinegar
1) Over sink, pour 1/3 cup of baking soda into a plastic bag
2) Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into the bag. This will create a foaming action - don't be scared!
3) Put the bag over the shower head and tie tightly.
4) Allow the bag to remain on the shower head at least 12 hours
5) Remove the bag and your shower head is clean and will work like new
Clogged drain? Use salt, baking soda, white vinegar, & boiling water
1) Remove the drain cover (if you have one)
2) Using a tweezers, pull any gunk, hair, etc out of the drain
3) Pour 1/2 cup salt down the drain. This will help to dissolve blockage.
4) Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain.
5) Pour 1/2 cup white vinegar down the drain. This will create a foaming action which will help to push the blockage.
6) Wait 10 minutes
7) Pour 2 quarts of BOILING water down the drain. This will push everything down.
Drain is now unclogged.
Jetted tub need to be deep cleaned? Use baking soda & white vinegar.
1) Scrub the entire tub with baking soda.
2) Without rinsing the baking soda, fill the tub with water making sure the water covers the jets
3) Pour 3 cups of white vinegar into the tub
4) Turn on the jets and run for 3 minutes
5) Empty the water from the tub.
Depending of the amount of buildup in the jets, you might have to do this a few times until the jets now longer blow out the gunk that is in the jet pipes.
Now that my bathrooms are clean, I have more time to rake leaves :(
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info