Stone Garden Wall

$75

Looking for a unique design element for your landscape? This stone wall will add beauty and function.
I have a sloping front yard and for years I wanted to put in a retaining wall but there was always something else that needed to be done. I decided this year the wall was going at the top of the list.
Start by removing any plants where you wall will be placed.
To make the wall level, began at the top of the slope which for us this was at the walkway to our front door. Put a stick into the ground and run a piece of string from the top of the slop to the point at the bottom of the slope where you want to place the wall.

At the bottom of the slope using another stick, mark where one post would be placed and attach the string to this stick.
Place a string level on the string to find the point where it was level from the top of the slope to the bottom.
Our posts were 4' apart. Mark each post spot with another stick and run a string from stick to stick to find the level measurement.
Measure and cut each post.
Dig 12" holes for each post and add paver base or crushed stone to the bottom of the hole.
Place the post in the hole and fill it with crushed stone 3/4 of the way up.
Using a larger level, make sure the post was straight and pack the stone around each post.

Dig the next post hole 12" deep and add crushed stone. Place the post into the ground and using the first post as a guide, the second post is leveled using string and a string level. Continue to level each post in this manner.
After each post was set and the holes are filled with crushed stone, place quick setting concrete into each hole. Fast setting concrete is really easy to use. You dump the dry concrete into the hole, pack it down and spray water on top.
After the concrete was set, roll poultry wire along the front of the entire length of the wall and cut to size.
If the wire fence was bigger than the posts, excess wire was cut off to make it more manageable. Flip the fence around so the cut edge is along the ground. Align the top of the wire fence with the top of each post.
After the front of the fence was complete, run the poultry wire along the back of the posts, cutting it to size.
Attached the wire poultry fence to each post using poultry net staples.
After the front of the fence was complete, run the poultry fence along the opposite side of the posts making the back. Cut the poultry fence and attach to the back side of each post.
Place river stone between the front and back of the poultry fence.
The plants that were removed were replanted, mulch was added and now I have the wall that I had been wanting for so many years.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

MTB Galvanized Hexagonal Poultry Netting, Chicken Wire 36"x25'- 1"...

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Perfectly Round Tables
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas

• Debra Burnett

looks like they will be planting more hosta plants in there .. when they grow they will hide most of that as time goes on .. i like it good job

• Kri48435577

I think the project is awesome. From curbside you will not see the wire. Maybe you will see the posts, but who cares it is part of the project. It looks great!!!

• Juanita Green

How did you level the ground? Was dirt added?

but I do love what y’all did.

• PeprmintPatti

I love gabion walls, but your project said $75 cost.... the rock alone would be that much more … wouldn't it?

• Depends on where one lives. Where I live there are several landscape supply houses that are open to the public. They will carry all the supplies for far less than an average hardware or big box home improvement center. As a bonus, they can answer any of your questions and walk you through verbally, each step of your project. And offer suggestions as well. $75 looks fair to me. It is a lot of physical labor so you won't need to exercise for a few days! 🌞

• PeprmintPatti

i

• Ann Baxter

Its very pretty. I know it looks better with the wire in front of the posts but my experience with fences is if I put it on the backside they hold up better against weight and pressure. But once again it is very pretty and I like it alot. Nice!