Tire Rim Water Hose Holder

$15

If you're looking for a quick project to brighten up your yard this summer, here's something to consider, especially if your water hose is just coiled up on the ground. I've seen similar ideas so I thought I'd try my hand at it and I love how this upcycle turned out!

SUPPLIES:

• Old tire rim
  • 4x4 wooden post
  • Rustoleum Gloss Coral spray paint
  • Behr exterior "Margarita" lime green paint
  • Paintbrush
  • Hillman 1/2" washers
  • 1/2"x10" galvanized lag bolt/screw
  • DeWalt drill
  • Hex drive socket
  • Drill bit

Not pictured:'

• Shovel
  • Tamper (optional)

STEP 1: Paint rim and post

I wanted my hose hanger to be bright and fun so I decided to spray paint the tire rim a glossy coral color. You can choose any color scheme--have fun with it!

To go along with my bright, fun color scheme, I painted the post with a lime green Behr exterior paint I had on hand called "Margarita". I feel like it screamed SUMMER!

How fun are these colors?! Our water hose is black so I thought of watermelons when I saw these coral and lime green colors.

STEP 2: Attach tire rim to post

Next, I used a DeWalt drill to create a starter hole on the post. I only drilled about 2" into the post. DON'T DRILL ALL THE WAY THROUGH!

Then, I slide a 1/2" washer onto the lug screw...

and inserted the screw into the starter hole on the post.

Finally, I used a hex drive socket on my drill to drive the lag screw into the post which secured the tire rim onto the post.

*Note: My supply list shows 2 lag screws but I ended up only using 1.

STEP 3: Secure post

At last, I dug a hole where I wanted my water hose post to be. The hole ended up being about a foot deep.

Once the hole was dug, I held the post in it while my brother (he flew up from NC to visit for the weekend so I put him to work) filled in the hole.

*If you want extra security for your post, feel free to mix up some concrete and pour into the hole before inserting the post.

If decide not to make your post permanent by adding concrete, you'll need a tamper to keep your post stationery...that's what Rob and I agreed to do for ours.

Because I can be a bit meticulous, I went back and sprayed the lag screw with the coral spray paint so the silver didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Here's the final result of our fun little water hose holder. I think it turned out super cute and it brightens up our yard a bit.

Once the hole was dug, if you want extra security for your post, feel free to mix up some concrete and pour into the hole before inserting the post.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Melissa Moon

This is so cute!! Using concrete is a must if it's to be a permanent fixture. The wooden post will rot in the moist soil. The cement should rise just above the soil line so that standing water does not create a decaying environment for the wood as well.