From Trash to Treasure

$25

Being the type of person I am, when I see something that someone else has thrown out, and it's perfectly good, (even if it's not in the best of shape), I feel the need to bring it home, as I didn't have a clue as to what was going to become of it at the time, but knew it had potential. lol Concrete is the "in" thing right now, but knowing how heavy concrete things can be, I decided to spray paint it instead.
I started off by giving this little wheelbarrow a bath, drying it off, then using some sandpaper I had around the house, I gave it a quick once over.  My sandpaper wasn't a fine grit, but that was ok, you won't see the scratches in it once the paint is on.
Unfortunately, I didn't check my pictures as I took them, (lesson learned), so this is a picture of the underneath showing the two colors of spray paint used.  The first color I used was Rust-Oleum multi-color textured Desert Bisque.  It's the tan color you see.  I didn't care for it because it just looked tan with no texture unless you got right up on it.  I'm also partially color-blind, so didn't think about concrete being gray and not tan.
Much better as the Fleck Stone Gotham Gray had speckles of white, gray, and black.  Another lesson learned is to use a primer color, as I used 2 cans of Desert Bisque to begin with, and only one can of Gotham Gray. 
Next, I filled it with Miracle Grow potting soil, and planted Hens n Chicks that I had around the house.  I even filled the holes in the handles, and added one in each hole.  Now I have a cute planter that's a lot lighter in weight than concrete, but is pretty cute if you ask me.    The price I am putting on this is just a guess since I had a lot of the materials at home.  The time it took for me to do this project sounds like a long time, but I wanted to let the paint dry well before filling and putting out in my yard.  The humidity is bad where I live, so it takes a little longer for it to dry.

• Rust-Oleum Multicolor Textured spray paint Desert Bisque  (Home Depot)
  • Fleck Stone spray paint Gotham Gray  (I got from a yard sale, but I'm sure you can find it at any diy store. Might not be the same name, but you can match it I'm sure.)
  • Child's wheelbarrow  (out of the trash but you can buy at most stores that sell kid's toys.)

• Debbie

Did you drill holes in it to release the water?
    • Vicky

In areas that get a lot of rain it can drown out your plants unless you want to try tipping it to drain the water. Much easier to just drill a hole or two (or three lol). We have been getting deluges here lately - lots of flooded streets and my patio on some days looks like a small pond.