Easy Closet Makeover! Custom Organizer & Dollar Store Bins

$45
1 Day

Do you need a better organizing solution for your closet? So did we. I took a day to makeover our master closet, and I'm in love with how it turned out. We already had everything but the baskets/bins, but you could complete this project for less than $50. I love a good, fast and easy makeover.
Watch Video For Full Details
Gather those supplies. I got my paint supplies and my bins from Dollar Tree because that place is my second home! Lol
Embarrassing Before Photo
Empty your closet, and purge while you're at it. I can't tell ya how much I ended up donating.
Paint! Our kids loved helping with this step. This is an awesome chance to add a pop of color to your room. You can paint the inside of your closet any color at all. A fun color to make you smile when you open the door. We chose to paint the closet the same color as the bedroom walls, because we had the extra paint. (I know, so boring)
I have a post on how we made this shelf
Add your shelving. I love using wire shelves because you can use zipties to make them fit any way that you'd like. It's like a custom closet on a budget.
Get some bins! I have 2 tips for choosing bins. The first is to stick with one color, so your closet looks neat and uniform. The second is to look at Dollar Tree (or Target & IKEA) to save money. I paid just $1 for each of these bins/baskets at Dollar Tree. I went with white because I think that it looks crisp and clean.
Add labels. This is totally optional, but for a few dollars it makes your closet look totally Pinterest worthy.
Have space above? Add shelving. This shelf was already installed when we moved in, but an IKEA shelf could provide the same storage solution. We added a shelf in my office closet and it was super easy and only $6.
I am in love with our new closet. These bins are great for socks & tank tops. They are also the best for kid's clothing and cloth diapers.

• Paint  (Home Depot)
  • Wire Shelving  (Amazon)
  • Bins & Baskets  (Dollar Tree)

• Sandra Allen

I too love these wire shelving units. I have had good success too with using binder clips to put and keep them together. This looks really clean. And as an added bonus, should you need to you can use a dollar tree shower curtain rings for scarves, belts, etc. Nice work!!